IN THE NEWS
November 9, 2019 | PageSix.com
Former “SNL” comic Vanessa Bayer says you’ve got to laugh off cancer . . . and use it as an excuse to get out of things you hate. Read more.
November 8, 2019 | People.com
Kenan Thompson and former SNL castmate Vanessa Bayer pose at the Gilda’s Club N.Y.C. 24th annual gala at The Pierre Hotel on Thursday in N.Y.C. Read more.
November 12, 2019 | The Knockturnal
It’s at the historic Pierre hotel that New York City’s Gilda’s Club celebrated its 24 year anniversary last Thursday night, honoring former SNL comedian, writer and actress Vanessa Bayer among other outstanding individuals who have contributed to improving the quality of life of cancer patients and raising over $850,000. Read more.
November 8, 2019 | UsMagazine.com
Vanessa Bayer was the guest of honor at Gilda’s Club NYC’s 24th Annual Benefit Gala on November 7, and for good reason. After battling leukemia in her teen years, the Saturday Night Live alum has used her platform to raise awareness of blood cancer and bone marrow donations. Read more
November 8, 2019 | ETOnline.com
Thompson presented his friend and fellow Saturday Night Live cast member with the Gilda Radner Award during the Gilda’s Club NYC 24th Annual Gala at the Pierre Hotel in New York City on Nov. 7. The event raised over $850,000 to improve the lives of cancer patients. Read more
November 8, 2019 | T2COnline.com
JGilda’s Club NYC raised over $850,000 last night at a roaring bash that honored patients, as well as “Saturday Night Live” darling Vanessa Bayer. Read more
July 25, 2019 | Rollingstone.com
John Prine, Third Eye Blind, Spiritualized and the Mark Lanegan Band are among the artists who will take part in the the 6th annual Ten Bands One Cause pink vinyl campaign to raise money for Gilda’s Club NYC. Read more
September 6, 2018 | newyork.cbslocal.com
A cancer diagnosis can be traumatic both physically and mentally. But research has shown exercise, even something as simple as basic dance movement, can greatly enhance a patients sense of well being, and even help spur recovery. Read more
August 7, 2018 | Rollingstone.com
Daryl Hall and John Oates, El-P and Soccer Mommy are among the artists set to reissue their albums on pink vinyl as part of the fifth annual charity initiative, Ten Bands One Cause, which benefits Gilda’s Club NYC. Read more
- May 2, 2019: Titia de Lange, Ph.D., Director, Anderson Center For Cancer Research, The Rockefeller University, Will Be Keynote Speaker For Gilda’s Club NYC 12th Annual Celebrating Women Benefit Luncheon, May 8th
- October 31, 2018: Dr. Andrew Plump, Takeda And CVS Health To Be Honored At Gilda’s Club NYC’s Benefit Gala, November 8
- June 1, 2018: Gilda’s Club NYC To Honor Actress Krysta Rodriguez, At The Gildie Awards, City Winery, June 6
- May 4, 2018: Love, Gilda Director Lisa D’Apolito To Present Keynote At Gilda’s Club NYC Luncheon May 9
- July 27, 2015: Red Distribution Launches 2nd Annual Pink Vinyl Program for Cancer Aid and Awareness with 10 Diverse and Exciting Artists, Out September 29, 2015.