Meet Gilda’s Marathon Team Coach, Sara Dimmick
As a runner and coach, I’m so happy to be part of the Gilda’s Club network. This will be the 11th year that my company Physical Equilibrium will coach Gilda’s Club Marathon team! We got involved so that we could support the teammates who were donating their time, fundraising, and sweat to raise awareness and provide support for people living with, or who have been affected by, cancer.
I personally have been touched by cancer. The list is not short: family, classmates, clients, friends, old and young. The work and support that Gilda’s Club provides is unparalleled. Doctors and nurses can only provide so much help. It’s the emotional support and having others to talk to and understand that creates the human bond and helps heal.
I love coaching the marathoners. Many on the team are 1st timers and it is an amazing goal to accomplish. Complete a 26.2 mile race! Just like going through cancer treatment, you need a lot of support to get through an endurance race like a marathon. The camaraderie of the team with the other runners, coaches and the staff at Gilda’s Club makes the team aspect fun and supportive.
I’ve had the opportunity to not only coach the runners but run on the team too. Knowing that you are training and running for such an amazing organization pushes you and gets you to the starting line on race day. The NYC Marathon is like no other race. Running over bridges with views of Manhattan and through the 5 boroughs is amazing! The energy of the runners and the spectators you will not find in any other race in the world. It goes on for the full 26.2 miles!
We would love to have you as part of our NYC Marathon team this year. You can join as a runner, support crew, fundraiser, or sponsor. Your donation helps support and heal those living with or touched by cancer. Click here to download the application.
Exclusive Gilda’s Marathon Team Benefits include:
- Guaranteed entry into the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon on November 3, 2019
- Training & Group Runs led by Physical Equilibrium which includes:
- Coaching customized to your running experience, especially first time runners
- Customized training schedule to get you ready for the big day
- Information on your nutrition needs to get the most out of your runs
- Cross training tips to build your stamina and reduce your risk for injury
- Access to coaches via email to answer your training questions
- Access to #TeamGilda Facebook private group; forum open to our runners where they can discuss training, ask questions, and get marathon tips from current & alumni Gilda’s Marathon Team runners!
- Marathon Week “thank-you” pre-race pasta team dinner
- Exclusive Gilda’s Club Marathon Team running jersey
- Customized online fundraising page
- Dedicated staff support to answer your questions & help you achieve your fundraising goals