Gilda’s Marathon Team is still accepting 2020 TCS NYC Marathon Applications. Join Gilda’s 2020 TCS New York City Marathon Team!
The 2020 TCS New York City Marathon will be the 50th Anniversary of the race and preparations are underway for a thrilling once-in-a-lifetime event. The TCS New York City Marathon is the largest marathon in the world and the signature event of New York Road Runners (NYRR), the world’s premier community running organization.
We are now accepting applications for #TeamGilda – claim your guaranteed entry today and run with us on Sunday, November 1, 2020!
Gilda’s Club NYC is proud to be an Official Charity Partner of the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon. The minimum fundraising goal for our runners is $3,000 and every dollar raised directly supports our FREE cancer support program. Since our first team of 27 runners in 2009, we have had 259 runners raise $900,973 for our program – needless to say, our marathon team rocks!
Exclusive Gilda’s Marathon Team Benefits:
- Guaranteed entry into the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon on Nov. 1, 2020
- Training & Group Runs led by Physical Equilibrium which includes:
- Coaching customized to your running experience, especially first time runners
- Customized training schedule to get you ready for the big day
- Information on your nutrition needs to get the most out of your runs
- Cross training tips to build your stamina and reduce your risk for injury
- Access to coaches via email to answer your training questions
- Access to #TeamGilda Facebook runners’ private group, forum open to our team where they can discuss training, ask questions & get marathon info with current & alumni Gilda’s Marathon Team runners!
- Marathon Week “thank-you” pre-race pasta team dinner
- Exclusive Gilda’s Club Marathon Team running shirt
- Customized online fundraising page
- Dedicated staff support to answer your questions & help you achieve your fundraising goals
Fundraising minimum if you need guaranteed entry: $3,000
Fundraising minimum if you already have a spot in the marathon: $350
Gilda’s TD Five Boro Bike Tour Team
Important COVID-19 UPDATE
On Wednesday, May 6th Bike New York announced that due to the COVID-19 pandemic they have cancelled the 2020 TD Five Boro Bike Tour:
Dear TD Five Boro Bike Tour Riders,
Like you, I never imagined that the 2020 TD Five Boro Bike Tour, originally scheduled for this past Sunday, could ever face cancellation due to a global health crisis. I would like to provide you an update on where we stand today, and how we plan to move forward. Despite our every effort to reschedule the Tour, we have had to face the sad reality that holding our iconic celebration of bicycling later this year would pose insurmountable logistical challenges, and present untenable health and safety risks to our riders resulting from the ongoing impacts of COVID-19.
For the past few months, we have been working tirelessly with our partners in New York City government with the hope of rescheduling the Tour in October. We tried very hard to find a viable solution, but the long-term implications of social distancing and the uncertainty around large gatherings post-COVID-19 have made it impossible for us to move forward with a 2020 event. This decision leaves us heartbroken. Read more.
Gilda’s Club would like to congratulate our 2020 Bike Team for raising $3,550 of much needed funds for our FREE cancer support community. COVID-19 is particularly threatening to the cancer community we serve. The donations raised will continue to support our community, compromised by both cancer and the impact of the COVID-19 virus.