Gilda’s Club NYC has been asked to share this call for participants in a study about widowed fathers’ experiences raising their dependent-age children following the loss of their wives. Criteria and details on how to participate listed below and full request letter linked in the button below.
To participate in this study, you would need to meet all of the following criteria:
1) You identify as a heterosexual man
2) You experienced the death of your wife at least one year ago
3) You had one or more children together who were between the ages of approximately 5 and 15 at the time of your wife’s and their mother’s passing
4) You were living together as a family unit with your wife and children prior to her death
5) You are fluent in English
Participation would involve completing a brief questionnaire to confirm your eligibility and then speaking with the study administer for a 60 – 90 minute audio-recorded interview via Zoom or a similar virtual platform about your experiences. You will receive a $10 Amazon gift card at the end of the interview. If you are interested, a copy of the completed dissertation study can also be shared with you.
Your involvement in this study will give voice to the unique experiences of widowed fathers and how they navigate the many changes that accompany the loss of a spouse and co-parent. Furthermore, your involvement will help to promote greater knowledge and understanding in this area, with the aim of improving support for widowed fathers and their families.
Participation is confidential and voluntary. You can withdraw from the study at any time, if needed. If you would like to participate or have any questions about the study, please email email@example.com or call 716-796-4470.